The Finance Department is responsible for financial matters, property taxes,assessment rolls, supply and services, purchasing, insurance claims, accounts receivable, accounts payable, and insurance.
The Finance Department provides financial services to Council, the Public and Town departments. Some of the Finance departments key responsibilities include;
- Providing information, reports, analysis and guidance to Council, the Public and departments regarding financial operations of the Town
- Establishing, developing and maintaining accounting systems and procedures relating to financial activities for Town operations
- Preparation of Town's operating and capital budgets
- Billing and collection of municipal taxes
- Preparing the Town's annual financial statements
2012 RESIDENTIAL PROPERTY TAX DUE DATE NOTICE
The 2012 Final property tax bills were mailed out on June 7, 2012. Tax bills were issued for each of the following tax classes; residential, pipeline, farm and managed forests. The due dates are the same for all tax classes; first instalment due June 29, 2012 and second instalment due September 28, 2012. Failure to pay these instalments on time will result in penalty/interest charges at a rate of 1.25% per month on the first day of default and on the first day of each month thereafter until all taxes are paid in full.
Payment may be made by any of the following methods:
- In person at the Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury Finance Office located at 61 Holland Street East, Bradford between 8:30 am & 4:30 pm by cheque (current or post-dated), cash or debit card (no credit card accepted).
- After hours drop off box located at front entrance of 61 Holland Street East, Bradford for cheque payments. Please do not leave cash payments in the drop box.
- At all Chartered Banks through personal teller service, telephone or internet banking (use 8–digit property tax account number as reference). Please note that any related banking fees are the responsibility of the taxpayer.
- By mailing a cheque with the attach tax stub(s), if you require a receipt please return your bill with a self-addressed, stamped envelope.
- Alternatively you could pay automatically by enrolling in one of the Town’s three convenient Pre-authorized Property Tax Payment Plans. For more information on how to enroll please visit the Town’s website at http://www.townofbwg.com/TownHall/Forms/index.htm.
The 2012 Final property tax bills for the commercial, industrial and multi-residential tax classes will be issued in late July or early August.
If you have not yet received your tax bill, please contact the Finance Department at 61 Holland Street East, Bradford or by telephone at 905-775-5303.
Failure to receive a tax bill does not excuse the property owner from the responsibility for payment, nor relieve him/her from liability of penalty for late payment.
- Contact the Finance Department
- Map to the Finance Office
- Development Charges
- User Fees
- Taxes & Rates
- Financial Statements